Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Who Dat???


My apologies for taking so long to update, but I have been busy ringing in the new year, and more importantly the new decade. A new decade… new decade? What the hell happened to last decade? I vividly remember not only the year 2000 and all that Y2K crap, but how the world was about to shut down due to all of the calendars not rolling over. So much for that actually happening- they forgot to realize that computers are smart now. I watched a presentation the other day that was supposedly shown at the Sony Annual Shareholder’s Convention. This will blow your mind so check it out-



On that note- what happened to “the future”??? What happened to flying cars and robots to bring you breakfast in the morning? Where is that? What happened to computers that would be implanted in our hands by 2010?? In 1990- that was th eplan... to have all that by 2010- and all we have come up with is a freakin iphone.
Think about how far we have come in the last 25 years-it really does amaze me. It amazes me at the brains that some people have to have to use this stuff, let alone to invent it. It is both crazy and amazing. The things we have today; i can only imagine what our kids will really have in their lifetimes...and how smart they will seem to all of us.


I remember my old Nokia phone with a bright orange, interchangeable faceplate I had sophomore year of high school. That was the year 2000. I remember how amazed I was then with having a game on my cell phone. A phone that I could carry everywhere, with or without service- I could always play “Snake”- anywhere, 265. Ewing was the best I ever saw and we will never forget that ride to the OG vs. Sterlington playoff game where he not only beat the highest score, he demolished a record that has surely stood the test of time and will forever go down as my hero…at least at that game.


A new decade has lead to what has been a year of substantial changes for Louisianans across the board of sports thus far. Not only did the New Orleans Saints come into the new decade as the single best team in the NFC, the Dunkin’ Dawgs from LA Tech are 17-2 and undefeated in the WAC (First time since Malone Era), while LSU is completely defeated in the SEC, standing at o’fer with zero wins. The LA Tech athletics liberator who has led the Dawgs into a new age of significant wins, but more importantly a HOPE that Tech fans have probably never experienced in history (at least of this magnitude) has “left the proverbial building for not only greener pastures, but greener pocketbooks. He didn’t take a step up- he leapt to Knoxville, TN like a fat kid on the Thanksgiving dessert table. He hit the jackpot… from the WAC to the most competitive conference in the NCAA. All being done after ULM also got rid of their coach, and now Grambling's coach is in search of a new helm. Could it be that all of the teams from North LA start fresh next season with new administrations in the deapartment of Football?? Only time will tell.
Back to the saints-

The time has come friends… a time that is somewhat bittersweet to Saints fans across the board and I would like you to read my dear friend’s elaboration on this subject at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL9Wu2kWwSY … it would not do me justice to even touch on the subject after reading this composition pertaining to the situation at hand.

On that note I felt obliged to include some of the passage on my page. With the permission of Mr. Shaw I would like to leave you with the following excerpt from his column:


“This weekend, the south will stand still. When the game ends in New Orleans, no matter the outcome, there will be a moment of silence in the soul of every man, woman, and child of the Who Dat Nation. Like the eye of a hurricane, there will be a moment of silence that gives way chaos. Chaos wrought by crushing despair or by immeasurable joy. This is not to say it is enough to just get there but rather that I believe if/when we get there, there is no way we lose.


Tupac Shakur, wrote "I guess change is good for any of us... Whatever it take for any of y'all to get up out the hood."Here's to leaving the hood and chaos wrought by immeasurable joy.


May the Lord make the Saints fast and accurate.Strength and Honor


tdavidshaw"


Shaw- I couldn’t have said it better…

Robbed in 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment